Open swimming, lane swimming and aquatic fitness classes are open to members and pass holders with a reservation. Here is some important information.
We are very excited to welcome you back!
- Open swim times in the main pool are available to members and pass holders with a reservation.
- A reservation is required for each swimmer
- Children under 3Y are required to wear a waterproof pool pant and swim diaper; these items will not be available at Customer Service
- While in the pool and throughout all Westside areas, maintain a physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from others at all times
- Parents/caregivers with swimmers 0-9Y are required to be in the pool within arms’ reach of children under their supervision
- Viewing/spectator area will be closed during open swim times
- Lap pool times must be booked in advance and are open exclusively to reactivated annual and monthly pass holders 10Y of age and older.
- Bookings are one hour in length, including your entry, swim time, and departure time.
- One swimmer will be permitted per lane.
Shared Cohort Lane Swimming
- Starting Friday, October 30, one lap pool lane will be designated for shared lane swimming and may only be used to two swimmers in the same cohort or family “bubble.” Please visit Alberta Health Services for information on Cohorts.
- Available exclusively to reactivated Westside members and monthly pass holders 10Y and older.
- One member will register for the timeslot and complete the associated questionnaire for both swimmers.
- 2-meters physical distance must be maintained between swimmers in other lanes.
Aquatic Fitness Classes: (temporarily suspended until November 27)
- A reservation is required; open exclusively to reactivated annual or monthly pass holders 16Y of age or older.
- Maximum number of class participants: 8
Important Information for Your Aquatic Visit
- Come ready to swim – change rooms and lockers are very limited due to physical distancing requirements.
- A basket will be provided to store your personal items at the end of your swim lane during your workout.
- A deck shower is available for a pre-swim cleansing shower.
- Swim goggles are encouraged. Snorkels are not permitted.
- Bring a water bottle – water fountains are only available for bottle filling.
- Sanitized pool equipment for swim workouts will be available.
To book a lane pool time or aquatic fitness class, there are three steps:
Step 1 – Reactivate
To access Westside, you will need to reactivate your membership by:
- Completing the Membership/Pass Reactivation form
- Signing and submitting the new Waiver Agreement(s)
- And, completing the Minors Indemnity Agreement for any dependants or student dependants associated with your account
All must be signed and submitted prior to reserving class or facility space. Click here for Membership Reactivation & Waivers.
Step 2 – Wait for Your Email Confirmation
Once we have received your request, please allow up to 72 hours for Westside to reactivate your membership. You will receive an email confirmation, letting you know that you are now ready to reserve your time(s) at Westside. Please note that dependant/student memberships associated with your account will be reactivated in conjunction with your membership and may not be reactivated on their own.
Step 3 – Book Your Spot
· Visit Facility Activities to view and book your time
The tot pool, hot tub and steam room remain closed at this time. We are working hard to ensure your safety and will open other areas and programs when we are able to meet all public health guidelines and recommendations.
For those who are looking for their recent swim progress cards, Westside has mailed them to all participants. You can also find your swim program results in your MyWestside account, under Activity Outcomes. Questions? Please contact Amanda Tomlinson email@example.com for preschool and children's swim programs, or Tamara Kidd firstname.lastname@example.org for any private swim lesson, youth and adult programs.
For further information, feel free to email us at email@example.com.