Starting September 20, Alberta's Restriction Exemption Program comes into effect. Here are answers to frequently asked questions.
What will I need to access Westside?
Westside remains open exclusively to annual and monthly pass holders and program registrants. Starting September 20, all visitors 12 years and older must provide proof of vaccination to enter Westside facilities or take part in activities or programs. This includes those who are accompanying children and program registrants.
- From Sept 20 to Oct 24: Anyone 12Y+ who wants to visit Westside or participate in a program must have received at least one dose of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of a single dose is acceptable as long as the dose was given more than two weeks before the date of entry.
- From Oct 25 onward: Anyone 12Y+ who wants to visit Westside or participate in a program must have received two doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine and have completed the 14-day waiting period.
Who must provide proof of vaccination?
Anyone 12 years or older who enters Westside must provide proof of vaccination including members, pass holders, program registrants, those accompanying program registrants, facility renters, aides.
How do I prove that I am vaccinated?
There are three easy steps to vaccine verification:
- Download your vaccination record with the QR code online at www.alberta.ca/Covid.Records
- Save your record either in printed format or as an image on your mobile device
- When you arrive at Westside, we will scan your code for instant verification
It is important to note that the Province of Alberta has indicated that the QR code will become the only acceptable form of vaccine proof as of November 14, 2021. Proof of vaccination from outside of Alberta may be provided in print or digital format.
Can I provide a negative Covid-19 test to enter?
No. Westside will not accept Covid-19 test results in lieu of vaccination proof. We do not have the capacity or expertise to determine the validity of a Covid-19 test.
Do you accept medical exemptions?
Westside may consider medical exemptions. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Do I have to show my vaccine status every time I visit?
Westside members and pass holders may complete a form at Customer Service, allowing an indicator to be stored on their MyWestside account that acknowledges vaccine proof has been presented and provides automatic gate access. All others will be required to provide proof of vaccination each time they visit.
Will I still need to wear a face mask?
Yes. The Province of Alberta and City of Calgary have mandated that face masks must be worn in all public indoor spaces regardless of your vaccination status.
What about rental groups?
Rental groups are required to ensure their participants, instructors, staff, volunteers and spectators follow all regulations specified in the Restrictions Exemption Program, including proof of vaccination status for those aged 12 years and older. We have contacted all our rental groups directly with more information.
Are your staff vaccinated?
Westside has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for employees, volunteers, contractors and tenants.
I have questions about my membership/monthly pass/registered program. Who do I contact?
Please send us an email at email@example.com. We will forward your inquiry to the appropriate Westside department and a staff member will reach out to you.