Starting April 7, the availability of Westside facilities, programs and services has changed due to new public health restrictions. Please see the following important information.
New options that comply with new public health regulations will start the week of Monday, April 12. We are committed to remaining open and doing our very best to safely serve our communities at this time. However, due to the current limitations we have decided to put all active memberships and passes back on hold. Members and pass holders may choose to keep their passes active if the services offered meet their needs.
EFFECTIVE APRIL 7, ALL ACTIVE WESTSIDE MEMBERSHIPS & MONTHLY PASSES HAVE BEEN PUT ON HOLD.
If you do not wish to visit Westside at this time, no further action is required. Your membership or pass is on hold.
If you'd like to keep visiting Westside, complete the Keep Me Active online activation form. Once you activate, we will adjust your account as quickly as possible so you can make your reservations.
To book your reservations, visit Facility Activities. Reservations for your selected activity open 8 days prior at 9:00 PM.
Starting Monday, April 12
In compliance with new public health regulations, Westside will offer the following to annual and monthly pass holders, by reservation:
- Workout with a Fitness Pro – Your Fitness Centre reservation will now feature a dedicated Westside Fitness professional who will supervise, encourage, educate and correct form during your workout session. Workouts are 50 minutes and are open to individuals or multiple individuals 16Y and older from a single household. No additional fees; included with an active annual or monthly pass. (30-40 spots daily)
- Studio Workouts – Your studio workout reservation includes a Westside instructor who will guide you through a fitness program similar to group exercise. Studio Workouts are 45 minutes and are open to individuals or multiple individuals 16Y and older from a single household. No additional fees; included with an active annual or monthly pass. (6 spots daily weekdays)
- Lane Swimming with a Coach – Your swim lane reservation includes a Westside Aquatic staff person who is available to provide direction. Lane swimming sessions are 30 minutes and are open to individuals 16Y and older. Swim lanes may also be used for aquatic workouts or hydro spinning. No additional fees; included with an active annual or monthly pass. (6-27 spots daily)
- Household Open Swim – Book the main pool for a private swim session. Household open swim times are 60 minutes and include access to the main pool (non-wave), waterslide, lazy river and tot pool. Participant numbers are not limited but all must live in a single household. Additional fees apply. (3 spots weekly)
- Private Swim Lessons – Private swim lessons are 30 minutes and are for individual members or multiple swimmers from a single household. Parent participation is required for younger age levels. Additional fees apply. (2-8 spots daily)
- Household Gym Time – Book the gym for badminton, basketball, pickleball or other gym sports. Household gym times are 60 minutes. Participants must bring their own equipment; nets are provided. Participant numbers are not limited but all must live in a single household. Free for active members, additional fees apply for monthly pass holders or members on hold. (6 spots daily)
- Household Skate Time – Book the Hockey Arena for a family skate. Household skate times are 60 minutes. Participants must bring their own skates and helmets. Participant numbers are not limited but all must live in a single household. No additional fees; included with an active annual or monthly pass.
- Family Play Time – Book the Childcare Centre for a family play time, including access to the climber and all play areas. Family Play Time is 60 minutes. Participant numbers are not limited but all must live in a single household. Free for active members, additional fees apply for monthly pass holders or members on hold.
Important: The number of reservations, specifically in the Fitness Centre and Studio Workouts, are significantly reduced due to new restrictions. Reservations may only be booked by annual and monthly pass holders who have completed and submitted the new Keep Me Active activation form.
Face masks are required during Workout with a Fitness Pro, Studio Workouts, Household Gym Time, and throughout Westside.
Memberships, Passes, Programs, Rentals
All memberships and monthly passes have been put on hold. You can choose to reactivate your membership/pass depending on which Westside facilities and programs are offered. We will only reactivate all memberships/passes when we are fully operational in accordance with current public health guidelines. If you do not wish to reactive your membership/pass at this time, there are no further steps to take. We will simply keep it on hold for you.
Program registrants and Rental Contract customers can expect communication via the email we have on file for you in the coming days, providing details around your program or rental. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
New information, including details for expanded activities and programs, will be posted to our website at www.westsiderec.com.
Together we will get through this. Take care, and we can’t wait to see you again as soon as we are able.