You are here
Welcome Back to Westside!
We’ve made some important changes so you’ll feel safe and secure when you visit.
Opening Slowly – Your Safety is Our Priority
Westside will open its facilities and programs in stages as we are able to meet public health, regulatory and safety recommendations.
Stage 1, starting Monday, July 6, the following will be available:
- Adult Group Exercise classes by reservation, maximum 14 participants
- Fitness Centre access by reservation, maximum 40 spaces
- Registered Day Camps, maximum 12 children/camp
Starting Monday, July 20:
- Lane Swimming by reservation, maximum 4 swimmers
- Youth Zone fitness space by reservation, maximum 4 participants
Starting Tuesday, July 28:
- Aquatic Fitness classes by reservation, maximum 8 swimmers
Starting Wednesday, August 5:
- Child Minding by reservation, and within a cohort
Starting Monday, September 14:
- Change Rooms (Aquatic, Fitness, Plus) reopen, with limitations
Starting Monday, September 28
- Personal Training, by appointment
Starting Thursday, October 1
- Hockey Arena ice rentals
Starting Monday, October 5
Due to public health guidelines that limit the number of visitors to our facility, Stage 1 will open to Westside annual and monthly pass holders only.
New Hours of Service
Our hours will change to accommodate mid-day disinfection processes, daily deep cleaning, and to keep our staff shifts separate. In Stage 1, reserved spots are available during the follow times:
6:00 AM–12:30 PM, and
2:00 PM–8:30 PM
Saturday, Sunday & Statutory Holidays
8:00 AM–2:30 PM
Reactivating your Pass - The Choice is Yours
You can choose to reactivate your annual pass/membership or monthly pass at any stage, depending on your comfort level and which Westside facilities or programs are offered. We will only reactivate all passes when we are fully open and operational.
Click here to Reactivate & Sign the New Waiver.
You will receive an email confirming your pass has been successfully reactivated. Please allow up to 72 hours for Westside staff to process your request.
After Reactivation, Book Your Visit
You will need to make a reservation to visit Westside. To access the adult group exercise and fitness centre booking system, you must have reactivated your membership/pass and received an email confirmation to let you that you are ready to book. Reservations can be easily booked online.
Click here to book your Fitness Centre or Youth Zone space.
Click here to book your Adult Group Exercise spot.
Click here to book your Lane Swimming or Aquatic Fitness spot.
Click here to register for Fall Programs.
Tip: All members and pass holders have an online account. If you have never logged in before or forgotten your password, your username is your email address, then click "Forgot my Password" to set a new one.
Need to cancel or change your reservation? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 403.531.5875 Ext 0.
Entering and Exiting
As change room space is very limited, you may wish to come dressed to work out. Bring a water bottle, towel, and small bag for your wallet, keys, phone.
There are specific details for swimming; please visit Aquatic Activities for more information.
Masks are required for entering and exiting Westside. AHS does not recommend wearing a mask while you engage in physical activity. You’ll see our employees wearing masks when they are not able to maintain a distance of more than 2 meters.
We’ve installed new signage and directional arrows on floors to help guide foot traffic. One-way traffic patterns and directional signage must be followed at all times.
Working Together for a Successful Relaunch
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, please do not visit Westside:
- Do you or anyone in your household have signs of illness, including a fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or runny nose?
- Have you or anyone in your household had contact with a person suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household travelled outside Canada in the past 14 days?
Use Westside's Mobile Tool to see if it's safe for you to visit. Use your mobile device to answer three easy questions before or upon your arrival. Please show our greeter your “green screen” at the entryway.
While you visit, please ensure you are physical distancing at least 2 metres (6 feet). We’re making sure to space our equipment and class participants appropriately; high intensity workouts will be spaced 3 metres (9 feet) apart.
Protect yourself! Sanitize equipment BEFORE and AFTER use with the wipes provided. Fitness staff will also disinfect equipment between users.
To ensure we’re as clean and healthy as we can be, Westside is now:
- The proud owner of 2 industrial electrostatic disinfecting machines
- Using gold standard 5-second disinfecting products
- Closing mid-day and in the evening for electrostatic disinfection
- Conducting focused cleaning on high-touch areas and between users
- Having dedicated custodial staff posted in washrooms
- Using plexiglass barriers at Customer Service
What’s Not Available Yet:
- Public drop-in times in some areas
- Any equipment that cannot be adequately sanitized
- Food services
We’ll be updating our website as new information becomes available. Be sure to check back regularly.
We are Here to Help
We are so excited to welcome you back! All our staff have been trained in the new procedures and protocols to protect community health. It’s a new world for all us, and we are happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
As our operations are limited and we do not have a full staff complement at this time, the best way to reach us is at email@example.com.