You are here
Welcome Back to Westside!
We’ve made some important changes so you’ll feel safe and secure when you visit.
Opening Slowly – Your Safety is Our Priority
Westside will open its facilities and programs in stages as we are able to meet public health, regulatory and safety recommendations.
Stage 1, starting July 2020, the following will be available:
- Adult Group Exercise classes by reservation (temporarily suspended until November 27)
- Fitness Centre access by reservation
- Registered Day Camps
- Lane Swimming by reservation
- Youth Zone fitness space by reservation
- Aquatic Fitness classes by reservation (temporarily suspended until November 27)
Starting August 2020:
- Child Minding by reservation, and within a cohort
Starting September 2020:
- Change Rooms (Aquatic, Fitness, Plus) reopen, with limitations
- Personal Training, by appointment
Starting October 2020
- Hockey Arena ice rentals (temporarily suspended until November 27)
- Badminton, by reservation
- Open swim times in the main pool, by reservation
- Open skate times in the hockey arena, by reservation
Starting Monday, November 9
- Open family play time in the Child Development Centre, by reservation
Due to public health guidelines that limit the number of visitors to our facility, Stage 1 will open to Westside annual and monthly pass holders only.
For more information or to sign up for a cohort, email us at email@example.com.
Hours of Service
In Stage 1, reserved spots are available during the follow times:
5:30 AM–8:30 PM
Saturday, Sunday & Statutory Holidays
8:00 AM–2:30 PM
Reactivating your Pass
You can reactivate your annual pass/membership or monthly pass at any time, depending on your comfort level and which Westside facilities or programs are offered. Westside will reactivate all passes when we are fully open and operational, abiding by public health requirements.
Click here to Reactivate & Sign the New Waiver.
You will receive an email confirming your pass has been successfully reactivated. Please allow up to 72 hours for Westside staff to process your request.
After Reactivation, Book Your Visit
You will need to make a reservation to visit Westside. To access the adult group exercise and fitness centre booking system, you must have reactivated your membership/pass and received an email confirmation to let you that you are ready to book. Reservations can be easily booked online.
Click here to book your Fitness Centre or Youth Zone space.
Click here to book your Adult Group Exercise spot (temporarily suspended until November 27).
Click here to book your Swimming or Aquatic Fitness spot. (Aquatic Fitness temporarily suspended until November 27)
Click here to book your Badminton or Pickleball spot; you must have signed up for a cohort to participate in these activities. (Pickleball temporarily suspended until November 27)
Click here to book your Skating spot.
Click here to register for Fall Programs.
Tip: All members and pass holders have an online account. If you have never logged in before or forgotten your password, your username is your email address, then click "Forgot my Password" to set a new one.
Need to cancel or change your reservation? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 403.531.5875 Ext 0.
Entering and Exiting
As change room space is very limited, you may wish to come dressed to work out. Bring a water bottle, towel, and small bag for your wallet, keys, phone.
There are specific details for swimming; please visit Aquatic Activities for more information.
Masks are required for entering and exiting Westside, and in change rooms and washrooms. AHS does not recommend wearing a mask while you engage in physical activity. You’ll see our employees wearing masks when they are not able to maintain a distance of more than 2 meters.
We’ve installed new signage and directional arrows on floors to help guide foot traffic. One-way traffic patterns and directional signage must be followed at all times.
Working Together for a Successful Relaunch
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, please do not visit Westside:
- Do you or anyone in your household have signs of illness, including a fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or runny nose?
- Have you or anyone in your household had contact with a person suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household travelled outside Canada in the past 14 days?
Use Westside's Mobile Tool to see if it's safe for you to visit. Use your mobile device to answer three easy questions before or upon your arrival. Please show our greeter your “green screen” at the entryway.
While you visit, please ensure you are physical distancing at least 2 metres (6 feet). We’re making sure to space our equipment and class participants appropriately; high intensity workouts will be spaced 3 metres (9 feet) apart.
Protect yourself! Sanitize equipment BEFORE and AFTER use with the wipes provided. Fitness staff will also disinfect equipment regularly.
To ensure we’re as clean and healthy as we can be, Westside is now:
- The proud owner of 2 industrial electrostatic disinfecting machines
- Using gold standard 5-second disinfecting products
- Closing in the evening for electrostatic disinfection
- Conducting focused cleaning, particularly in high-touch areas
- Using plexiglass barriers at Customer Service
What’s Not Available Yet:
- Public drop-in times in some areas
- Any equipment that cannot be adequately sanitized
- Food services
We’ll be updating our website as new information becomes available. Be sure to check back regularly.
We are Here to Help
We are so excited to welcome you back! All our staff have been trained in the new procedures and protocols to protect community health. It’s a new world for all us, and we are happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
As our operations are limited to members/passholders and we do not have the usual staff complement at this time, the best way to reach us is at email@example.com.